Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

To all brothers....

Couriered rakhi to bhai tday...it's Raksha Bandhan on the 19th. It would reach him by then. I had promised myself that I'd not moon over my brother not being here. It's been 10 years since he's away and every year during this time I feel miserable.

He's been my pillar of strength and support system......always let me have the bigger helping of dessert, helped me complete my project the night before it's due (even tho' he knew I'd take the credit for a job well done!), knew when I've been good and bad (more than Santa Claus ever will) and always made me feel like a younger sister (in his own twisted and weird way). :-).

Everyone should have a sibling.....I am against the one child policy. Who would a single child fight with? argue with? Irritate? sneer at? tease?

I pray that everybody's brother is safe and fine. Happy Raksha Bandhan to all brothers. May you always find joy in life.

2 comments :

  1. I stumbled across your blog on my lunch hour today. I lost my little brother almost 6 years ago, when he was eighteen. He was wise beyond his years and always made me feel the little sister though I was 6 years older than he. He was closer to me than any other human being has ever been. I still feel his presence and his absence every day. Today I read your blog and thought fond thoughts of him. Thank you and everyone else who understands what brothers mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shyam:
    Losing a loved one, someone we have shared a special relationship with, can be devastating. Our memories - and the little things that bring them to mind - are often the only things we have left after that special person is gone. They are a gift; with them, our loved ones remain a part of us forever.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by

Blog Archive