Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Monday, May 29, 2006

Born under a lucky star.

I, like all others, too have a begining.

The entire world celebrated the day I was born. That day, till today is cherished as that of love, happiness and dreams. Ok, now please stop giving me that "Niks,-don't-blow-your-trumpet" look.

Mum says it was a calm and quite evening compared to the calamity they thought was in store. The earth did not shake, volcanoes did no erupt and neither did the tsunami wipe away lives to mark the fiasco that occurred on that Summer of '80.

To watch the sonograpy of their unborn child gives utmost joy to all expectant parents. My parent's picture perfect view of their innocent baby cuddling in the womb came crashing. And it exacerbated when they were informed that I was topsy-turvey. I am not talking of my twisted brains which look like entagled spaghetti, if you were to do an x-ray; I mean that I was born upside down. I gave momma lotsa complications before birth - and the legacy has continued till date :-).

That's how mum carried me for 9 months - upside down. And, finally on this day I decided to make a grand entry into this world. After being taken out of the womb, all bloody and wrinkled, I posed as a Angelina-Jolie-on the-beach and made sounds that was music to all male doctors. I saw the purest form of love-at-first-sight in my father's eyes, when he took me in his arms for the first time.
That's how my journey started in this world. The 26 years that have followed have been emphasized by events, mostly unexpected, which form the basic essence of my life.

Some people in the world are damn damn lucky. And after having sucha wonderful birthday, I can say I am amonsgt them. Wouldn't had ever imagined that turning 26 would be so satisfying and enjoyable. There are of course certain unfortunate events, and how I hope things had not gone wrong the way they did. There's nuthing I can do to reverse that, but I pray that things get better soon.

How I love birthdays. For all the remembrance, for all the love, care, affection, goodwill, warmth, happiness and GIFTS ;-)! Thanks a million for all those kind words and gestures, awesome cards, wonderful emails - all of which make me feel so precious.

P.S: A special note to 'A' and 'Sheetal' for sending me that pretty basket of flowers. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have you in my life; who makes sure that I get the things I like best on my birthday. Sweets, thanks a MILLION.

16 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday, gurl.

    Hope you loadsa fun.

    *Richa*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very special gift
    That you can never see
    The reason it’s so special
    Is it’s just from me

    When ever you are lonely
    Or every feeling blue
    You only have to hold this gift
    And know I think of you

    You never can unwrap it
    Please, leave the ribbon tied
    Just hold the box close to you heart.
    You know what’s inside…

    * Happy Returns of the Day to someone who is as SPECIAL as YOU.

    May Gold Bless you with all the Luck, Success, Love and Happiness in the coming year and Forever.

    F.K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Chica,

    Cumpleaños Felices !
    Alles- Gute zum Geburtstagschatz !
    Amoureux de joyeux anniversaire !
    Innamorato di buon compleanno !
    Coração Do Doce Do Feliz aniversario !
    ! عيد ميلاد سعيد الحبيب
    С днем рождения Зазноба !
    Gelukkige Verjaardag J... !
    Ευτυχής γλυκιά καρδιά γενεθλίων !
    Happiee Birdey to You,
    Happiee Birdey to You,
    Happiee Birdey Dear J...,
    Happiee Birdey to You!

    Have a wonderful day and wish you the best things to come your way everyday.

    VM,
    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very Happy Budday, sweetheart!

    Hope your days are filled with happiness and you taste success in all that you do.

    Sheetal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Niks,

    Wishing you heartiest greetings..

    Rahul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie....

    Happy Birthday. Have lots of fun and enjoy yourself.

    -Suraj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Nikita.

    Hope your day was filled with happiness throughout.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you Niks.

    Have fun.

    -Vijz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Niks,

    Greetings to you.

    Divya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi niki...........

    Many Many happy returns of the day....SILLY,,,,,,

    Hey u must be feeling very special today since u have grown a bit older today ..rite???? :)

    Once again a very happy birthday to you on your 62nd birthday.......

    Have loads of fun..babes....


    Garima S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy B'day, swthrt!

    Wishing you lots of happiness today and always.

    -S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Niki,

    Here's wishing you everythng your heart desires.

    Happy Birthday!

    Just blog hopped here.
    Take Care.

    Avni.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nikita,

    Hope you had a great one, and wish you another unforgettable year.

    Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww and I missed it on the right day :(

    HAPPY BELATED BDAY WISHES NIKI! Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    Ur lucky in many ways too..just look at what u have turned out to be in just 26yrs!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to each one of you for all your good wishes. It made my day burst with sunshine, love, and good cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated B'day wishes Niki!!

    Mujhe b'day treat chahiye..I'll get you flowers and chocs for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by

Blog Archive