Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ouch.......it hurts.

You, thought it all.
You, said it all.
I, FELT it all.


You mattered to me. I've known you for quite some time...funny how your statements still hurt so bad?.

There are very few people who make their way into my world. I am absolutely cautious. And, contradictorily, too trusting. I love, care, prod, analyze, understand these people and put them into neat packages. These are the people whom I know I can pick over coffee anytime, have hour long conversations; a r'ship that is to be sensed, a r'ship so deep that there are more feelings that words. People with whom I have a "connection" with. The few that I accept as "friends" (read as family). They are never subjected to scrutiny. People whom I love so much that I would go any lengths to do anything for them. I allow them to take me for granted.

I would lie if I say I dn't expect anything from them. I do. I expect love. Not in the same way that I do, neither the same intensity, but in their own way that they can. I do feel shattered when I don't see it coming.

And one day, something happens and I harden myself and cut those very people from my life.

Wht is it that the people who matter so much inevitably say something that makes your heart ache like it'll never stop or never heal? Why is it that the r'ships that I feel so intensely about..burn theselves out? Why does the "balanced" r'ship not feel worth the while? Do I love too much and yet too less?

4 comments :

  1. Good question..
    Good written too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dunno how and what...but thr r some incidents in life that realy make ur think twice....may thrice...
    before going in for new friends.
    just said.....cuz its true with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you start expecting when someone is important and an integral part of your life. and when u dont get even 1% in return, it hurts..... it really does...

    It would hurt even more if the same person say's something that is curt and rude. but whom do u blame at such time? may b urself, that u failed to understand that person.

    But hey that the way we all learn lessons in life, is'nt it?

    cheerup babes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitesh

    Sometimes, we do need that prayer. “Lord, grant me the courage to change the things I can, accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to know the difference.”

    And the wisdom to recognize that about the people you meet? That, I’d like to think I AM learning...gradually...each day being an eye-opener.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by