Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Thursday, October 6, 2005

Here's me gng down memory lane..once again...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

--->I recall those days spent on the terrace, under the buliding water tank, on those pipes. That place was our headquarters; we would do hours and hours of plotting and planning of how we'd spend our holidays.

--->I recount those days when all the children from the society would gather in the building compound to play. We played and played and played some more. The highlight of our lives was the game of chor-police and ghar-ghar.

--->I remember birthdays. They were the most awaited days. Distributing chocolates to the whole class and all the teachers, wearing new clothes and feeling proude of being a year older.

--->I remember the times we fought..like there was no tommorrow. But we were back togther as thick pals the next day. There were no grays in our lives; either you love someone or you don't. It was all black and white.

--->I remember exam time..unit tests were most hated and semesters more so. Learning pages of information to spill it all over the answer sheets. Feeling happy on the last day of exams, welcoming the summer vacations, treating ourselves to ice-creams and playing away in the evening.

--->I remember the monsoon. Wading thru mud pools in gum boots and rain coats. Monsoon was meant to get wet...change and get wet again.

--->I remember my fav. teacher..Mr.Ganatra. He left school for a better venture. We all had given him a souvenir. Wonder whether he still has it.

--->I remember the days when luch time was spent running between classrooms and Tiffin box was eaten during breaks or on our way home (to avoid shoutings from mom). Free periods were a God-sent and remarks in the calender meant signature from the parent.

--->I remember the time when punishment was standing on the classroom bench or kneeling down outside the class. Library meant Enid Blyton's, Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys.

--->I remember school picnics. A trip to Aarry Milk colony and Chota Kashmir. Camping was at Mahableshwar.

--->I remember Sports Day. Winning was an extra point in the "Blue House" kitty. Annual Day....the day of showcasing one's talent.

I remember my childhood. I hope today's childern have just as many memories of their childhood. I wish their memories are not virtual and are more real.

7 comments :

  1. I was wondering how huge is our storage space. . our hard disk space never seems to get over. . it stores everything. . . videos graphics, images, data, sound and what not. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. everynight i pray to god that my old times come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki ur title "putataive thoughts" is just right for ur blog!!
    ur post has brought back the memories of school days..i also remember-the singing classes(fr which we used to wait),the art and craft classes...the way we used to run to reach the gate before it closed if the school bus was late...yes those days cannot be forgotten.
    and haan niki...thanks for the "sate pe satta"...i knew u would make a good list..take care..bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok Niki I had tears when I read this...took me back to my schooldays and guess wut...ur's and mine r pretty similar...:) I rem those says when simple things gave magical pleasures...why is life so complex as an adult? Why does it even have to get this ugly...


    **Library meant Enid Blyton's, Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys.

    that was exactly me! :)

    Nice one Niki...
    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The highlight of our lives was the game of chor-police and ghar-ghar.
    Oh yeah...till like 7th std. I used to play all these with ma friends(now everyones married)

    ghar ghar...was fun...we usually used to have tht dinner ka scene...or snacks ka scene...where someone used to cook and then server tea n wht not..heheehe

    chor polilce...u betcha...the whole colony was a place to hide...whenever I used to be back at home...my mind used to think on where to hide next..whihc will eb the good spot..n tihngs like that

    yess...I miss those days now :(

    I remember birthdays.
    I used ot hate b'days...I dont like attention actually...n on b'day's mom used to force me to wear b'day dress and goto school...everyone used to point finger and whisper...its z000nies b'day today..choclate milenge..and then when the class used to start...everyone used to sing...happy b'day z00nie..

    Give me a break :)

    It was all black and white.
    katti aur batti

    Learning pages of information to spill it all over the answer sheets.
    I scored goos marks only coz of ma memory. I used to mug up questions too...infact at times I used to have debate wiht ma friends...no you are wrong, check out page 97, its written like this and not the way u r saying.

    Wading thru mud pools in gum boots and rain coats.
    I remember catching crabs, with the help of earth worms (I never touched them)...with ma friends.

    remarks in the calender meant signature from the parent.
    Never had one...was kinda studious...bro used to get remarks every day from the same teachers who taught me

    Tiffin box was eaten during breaks or on our way home
    I used to carry biscuits..only to distribute it to ma friends if I was not in the mood of eating anything.

    punishment was standing on the classroom bench or kneeling down outside the class.
    Was asked to stand out once by my teacher, and while waiting outside...I was praying hard that none of ma friends tell this to ma mom.

    I wish their memories are not virtual and are more real.
    My kids gonna play...e-house and DOOM3D for sure.

    Nice one Nikita...it got so many memories back...
    boy...I wanna go back in those days :(

    Hehehe...
    Hugzzz and have an awesome weekend ahead
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keshi:

    I am sorry! I never intended to make anyone upset with ma post.

    We tend to take life seriously… all the problems, challenges, crises… all of these seem to be like life and death situations, and in some cases they are...which makes our life dull, boring and ugly.

    Life is an amalgam of all of the emotions and experiences available to us. We dn't appreciate what we have. we need to start looking at how blessed we are with what we have now, need to realize that we have more than enough, and start looking around at those who have less than enough..lastly balance the scales and start giving from our opulence rather than wanting more and more.

    Life is beautiful Keshi..we need to live it to its fullest!!

    U have a wonderful vacation!
    ~Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abhishek

    I pray too! But these are the times that NEVA will come back *Alas* *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by