Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Knock! Knock...Can I come in?

It's 6:30 AM. My phone rings. I'm woken up with a call from S. And I'm really not a morning person; unless you count 11:59 A.M as morning..tht's when my chakras and grey cells come to life.



Arrgghhh!! So I was saying, it's 6:30 AM and have S on the line. I was in the middle of an early morning dream of Brad Pitt. He's covered in soap; washing his car..oohhhhhh



Anyways, "Hello", I say. "You sound so sexy in the morning, nuts. I am sure you'd look sexy too. I smiled. S, my 6 o' clock friend, my punching bag, my complaint box, a very very good pal and also my shrink. The one person whose always walked besides me, shared my agony and exhilaration.



S: "You answer the following question and you win urself a wonderful breakfast with the only man in your life. How does a man show he is planning for the future"?



Me: It's an old one, S. He buys 2 cans of beer.



S: Perfecto!



Me: Where will the divine union be?



S: Barrista. With me, ur fav. coffee and choco brownie. See you at 9:00.



9:00 AM



It was a beautiful October morning and the cafe was buzzing with people. I and S are seated at the farthest end.



Me: Wot's all this about?



S: I've got an offer from XYZ. I am going to be an RJ!



Me: Wow! Tht deserves a hug. Congratulations



S: Thanks.



S: Nuts, behind every successful man is a woman. Is it 'cause wimmen go for only successful men??? *laughs*



Me: Huh! Was tht a joke? It wasn't funny. How I hate you when you laugh like that.



S: I just wanted to cheer you up.



Me: I smiled.



S: OK, listen to this one. You know why does it take 1 million sperms to fertilize a single egg? Because they don’t stop and ask for directions.



Me: He!He!



My laughter made him smile. He was happy. I guess this is how it is when you really like somone. When someone is close and dear to you. I, for sure, know that he is too precious to me just as I am to him. In this world of "instants" we had an "instant" bonding. He was my laughter machine. What will I do if he went away? He had become a habit.



Me: S, why is it difficult to find men who are sensitive, loving and caring?



S: 'Cause they already have boy-friends. :-|



S: You know what nuts, the best thing about you besides being pretty is that you are a wonderful person. I haven't met anyone as wild as you in my life.



Me: *blushing*



S: Have you not heard, “Before you find your handsome prince, You've got to kiss a lot of frogs.”



Me: Yeah, right.



Me: You sure have an attitude problem.



S: Mizz, you have a perception problem.



S: Sometimes I feel, how come we've never fallen in love and thought of getting married.



Me: *Bewildered look* . Silence. What is it that he meant to say?



S: You made me fall in love with you.



Me: S



S: I know my name.



Me: It's not possible.



S: Y, nuts. We've been friends for years now. I always stopped myself 'cause you liked someone else. But today u've let him go. So..knock...knock! Can I come in??



Me: S..u r a great friend. And always shall be.



S: I love you nuts, have always and will always.



Me: It's 11:00. Time to go.



S: Yep. We meet tommorrow again. Does nething change b/w us after me having said this?



Me: Nopes. You are my sweetheart and shall always remain.



Ok. Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by