Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Another side of OUR nuturing act.

"She calls me atleast 4-5 times a day", A said.

"So! She loves you and she calls you. Nothing wrong in that", I tell him.

"Niks, I am in office. In the middle of work she calls and asks, "What are you doing? Jeez, what the hell am I going to do at office?"

I chuckle. That indeed is not an appropriate question to ask. But we wimmen....

"And if I have to include calls made to remind me to pay the electricity bills, to drop the mobile payment cheque, or to book movie/theatre tickets, it amounts to be about 10 calls a day!!. We don't need to be reminded of our responsibilities, do we?", he said.

"See, the number of calls your girlfriend/wife makes to you is directly proportional to the amount of love she has for you. I don't think you need to complain", I told him.

"Yeah, right", he said.

"The 1st call is at 10:30AM - that's when I reach office, the 2nd at 11:30AM - that's when I take a coffee break, 3rd at 3:00AM - when I go for lunch and so on so forth. She behaves like the daughter of an Army General; she is so regular with her calls", he said.

"I think you are lucky. You have a partner who is so concerned about you", I told him.

"Concerned!! Men don't call their wives/girl-friends so often. So, are we NOT concerned", he said.

"I never said that", I said.

"The other day she called me while I was eating lunch. She asked, "What are you doing"?

Me: "Having lunch, sweets".

She: "I can hear a female voice. Whom are you eating with?"

Me: "Oh! I am with Seema. She's a colleague".

She: "Is she pretty"?.

Me: "Yeah, kind of".

She: "Married"?

Me: Nah, but would be married soon. (I turn into an astrologer. Am considering this is a side business). Was asking myself, do only pretty girls get married? If yes, then who come my dear wifey got married? Lol!!

She: From tommorrow you aren't going to have lunch with her. Just 8 months into our marriage and you've started flirting again?

Me: I am not flirting. I am 'ONLY' eating!. I was so furious at that time but had to control my anger, for the chaste person that I am.

She: That's ok. My keeping a watch over you for the last one month has paid off.

Me: Watch? For what? Have you hired detectives behind me now?

She: No yaar. No detectives. Why do you think I was calling you so often?

Me: I gasped. Just didn't know what to say.

"She calls me even now. But the number has reduced. But knowing her, I am dead sure she must have hired detectives behind me. They are invisible to me, but I know they are checking my every move, he tells me.

"You never know, they can be your 'female' colleagues, too, I teased.

"Yup, you never know", he says.

"A, it's just an 'other' side of our nuturing act. Just chill", I told him.

"Bye, Niks. Should have understood the 'female bonding' was coming", he said.

"Bye, A. Have a nice day", I said.

We hung up. I am sure he was quite disgusted with me.

We wimmen care toooo much. Only if the MEN understood. *Sigh*

9 comments :

  1. >She calls me atleast 4-5 times a day"

    I wish I was that lucky to recv call 4-5times in day..

    >"So! She loves you and she calls you. Nothing wrong in that", I tell him.

    I agree.. definitely calls are proportional to the amount of love as you wrote later. What do you say???

    >what the hell am I going to do at office?"

    Do ppl really always only work at office??

    >Men don't call their wives/ girl-friends so often. So, are we NOT concerned

    Sorry, not all men don't call. Few of them do call..it's depends on the amount of love those men have for their women or miss their women.


    >I am dead sure she must have hired detectives behind me.

    Most of the females like spying. They go hand in hand :-p

    >You never know, they can be your 'female' colleagues, too, I teased.

    This was a Nice one...Sahi che...I need to be careful too :p

    >We wimmen care toooo much. Only if the MEN understood. *Sigh*

    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

    Moral of the Story:--- Number of Calls proportional to amount of Love?

    Have Fun,
    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wimmen care toooo much. Only if the MEN understood. *Sigh*

    O My God, I think it was all Attachment, Possessiveness, Jealousy
    LOve is opposite of all above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous

    One thing that has always stayed on ma mind is - Love is sweet and sour rolled into one.

    Love - the one thing that makes the world go round. We loose sleep, appetites and comfort over it. Sail across seas and also climb the highest mountains. Butter up his/her parents 'cause they have views opposite to yours.

    But still we all love falling in love, don't we? Isn't 'attachement', 'Possessiveness' synonyms to love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arz000n

    Heard the song "Love comes from the most unexpected places" by Jose Feliciano?

    Love is the most beautiful thing - it beats ever other experience that may give a person a super thrill.

    Just let things take its normal course and keep the hopes alive. I pray that your life will be filled with many precious memories of time spent with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJ

    Number of Calls proportional to amount of Love?

    Yup, that's what I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. >Yup, that's what I feel.

    It's not always true.

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noo 'Possessiveness' is not synonyms to love

    You love a woman, you love a man; you want to possess the man or the woman just out of fear that perhaps tomorrow he r she may move with somebody else.
    And this Possessiveness results in jealousy.

    I think in true love one would consider others happiness, if a man is happy in having a lunch with a female collegue , even his wife should be happy, for in his happiness is her's happiness.And ofcourse vice-versa.
    This is LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Niki :)

    I guess its a tad too much to call so many times and check up on ur guy. Would u do that? I wont :) I mean it seems she's jealous, insecure, not trusting her partner enough? Love is not so posessive...atleast thats how I see Love..hehe..

    how have u been? long time na..

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. true...real love has alot of respect...spot on!


    yeah do write often...u have the skills and the psyche for it...ur awesome and u teach me alot.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by