Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Friday, April 7, 2006

American (Express) Visa.

I was quite dissapointed, a few years ago, when my American visa was rejected. Damn, those stupid people! Anyways, today I met an uncle who was planning a trip to the U.S of A. My first question to him, "Uncle, have you got a visa"?.

He told me, "Beta, I have been there 3 times earlier and I don't require any of 'those'.

Wow! How lucky!, I thought.

I asked him again. Only to confirm that my auditory apparatus is functioning. "Yes", he said a little annoyed.

"Uncle, have you got a Green Card", the spy in me asked. (This is thanks to all the spy thrillers I read).

"No", he said.

"Look, beta, I've been to the U.S thrice before and each time they accepted my 'American Express'.

This much for Visas! :))

I have an "American Express" too. Will I get entry in the land of Silicon Valley with that?

2 comments :

  1. >I was quite dissapointed, a few ears ago, when my American visa was rejected. Damn, those stupid people!

    Awww...If you would have got an Visa you would have been married to some ABCD(American Born Confused Desi) by now or may be some Gora ..You never know...What happens in USA stays in USA :-)


    >My first question to him, "Uncle, have you got a visa"?.
    I have a Master, Discover and AMEX. Is visa that important :p

    >He told me, "Beta, I have been there 3 times earlier and I don't require any of 'those'.

    This was the best reply. Sahi che :-) Visa lene ke Visa nahin chahiye...par Dil lene ke liye Dil Dena padta hai :-)
    Wah Wah Wah Wah :-p


    >Only to confirm that my auditory apparatus is functioning.
    See You Too Doubt your auditory apparatus :-))))))))))))))


    >"Uncle, have you got a Green Card", the spy in me asked.
    Anything I need to know about more about spying? Spying is not a good for health ...hmmmmmm

    >"Look, beta, I've been to the U.S thrice before and each time they accepted my 'American Express'.
    It should beti not beta, anyways kya confuxion hai...

    >I have an "American Express" too.
    Good to know. Now you can spend as much as you want. Can I also have AMEX card.

    >Will I get entry in the land of Silicon Valley with that?
    Heartiest Welcome! Aap Ke charam kamal Silicon Valley ke shobha badha denge. Char Chand lag jayenge Silicon Valley ko...Hamari bhag khul jayenge... Aap shigre hi Bharat desh se Silicon Valley ke liye prasthan karne ki tayari kare... You already got the Visa... your Shubh arrival in Silicon Valley is highly due.

    Takecare J...
    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ,

    Do you *always* have to reply/comment on each and every line of what Nikki writes? Nobody appreciates long comments.

    -
    SA

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by