Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dedicated to one of my bestest friend.

Friends claim to know you better than you know yourself. You know what? They sometimes do.

"No matter who broke your heart or how long it takes to heal, you'll never get through it without your friends" - Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and The City.

I agree with her. It's true. Some say you can get through anything if you truly try. But wudn't you be that much colder, more bitter and much more self-pitying? This is what friends do. They soften blows, offer (unsolicited, sometimes) advice and hold an umbrella over your head so you don't get hit by the rubble when your world collapses around you. They might not be able to help, might not even understand, but somehow, they make things better...by just being there.

And V is one of them. I have always marveled at the fact that our friendship has survived our disparate mindsets. We knew we are worlds apart, but were binded by an inexplicable connection; we can talk about everything under the sun, neve judging each other on the kind of life we lead. She brings outa different side of me and I have learnt a lot of things from her world.

I trust my life with her. She's one of the few whom I can call at 3:00 AM in a crisis and know that she'll be out the door and on her way to me even before I hang up the phone. She laughs when I am happy, has shed tears when I am hurt and calls me an IDIOT when I need to hear it. She's neva judged me and hears those things which I, sometimes am afraid of saying. She's a treasure, and as treasures go, they are rare. So is she. She represents that part of my life that I am not afraid of. SHE'S GETTING MARRIED AND MOVING TO CANADA.

I thank God for YOU. For

Running with me, pushing people aside, and getting into the gents compartment.
Making me eat pizza that tasted like cardboard, so my stomach wouldn't growl in the night.
Pampering me when I had a minor attack of flu.
Extending the time we spend together by two hrs, everytime electing to take the next train.
For making good lemon tea and delicious breakfast, everytime I stayed over at your house.
All the times we gosspied abt old classmates, your boyfriend-going-to-be-husband, relatives, old habits and new jobs.
All the times we teased each other incessantly.
Putting up with my addiction to have the fan on..no matter what the temperature is.
Jumping and yelling your guts out loud on the sight of a cockroach, also scaring the hell outta me.
Making a picnic out of a regula bus/train ride.

We've prayed together,
We've fought together,
Walked away together,
Met up with each others spiritual needs,
Have shopped, shared, hurt, heal and joked together.

We share a special bond. Which is unique to us. You have been with me, every step, every day ---I love you and u'd missed a damn lot!

9 comments :

  1. Before writing anything I will tell you something..Your post took my heart away..My throat become dry..not sure if you understood what I meant... It made me remember of all those days from School to College to where I am...It wouldn't have been a smooth journey without those very few precious jewels....

    I am totally missing each and everyone of them...I have always noticed something with me...People who are very near to my heart are all far from me in distance..

    You better Takecare of yourself...Rub the magic lamp and this Gin will be there :-)

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet..

    "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend" -- Robert Lewis Stevenson

    ur lucky u have found urs.. :)

    in my case, my best friend, my love, my soul mate all r the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonu

    Friends are like the heart that beats till the end. Wonder wht wud we be or where wud we land ourselves if we didn't have them??

    I have been very very lucky to have the kinda friends I do. And I thank GOD for them.

    A frnd of mine once told me that, "Lucky is the person who finds a friend and a soul-mate in the same person". And I cud neva disagree with him.

    Hope that you find your soul-mate and friend in the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niki,

    I really like reading your blog. U write just so well. Anyways I request you to make a post of the below. This is just a way to know you better.

    Me 10 years ago…

    Me 5 years ago

    Last year…

    Yesterday…

    5 things that drive me crazy:

    5 people I miss so much:

    5 things I remember by heart,

    5 places I escape to.

    5 things I hate when people do this:

    5 favorite things in the closet:

    5 things ‘love doing:

    5 most valued intangible things:

    5 things I enjoy

    5 bloggers I would like to tag…

    ReplyDelete
  5. >Liar Liar!! I rubbed the lamp...no magic and no Gin!! Uloo banaya..huh!

    Really You didn't see the Gin..The Gin show you...You were deep in thoughts :-p ...Can I know abt the thoughts ?
    Keep rubbing..He will always be there in front of you and will never dissappear :-)

    Hope you are having a nice day.
    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. AJ

    You were deep in thoughts :-p

    Yeah, right!! I wasn't in such deep a tht to NOT notice a GIN! And whos' frnds were complaining of you not paying attention to their talks while travelling?? :-P

    He will always be there in front of you and will never dissappear :-)

    Waiting for that person who'd neva leave you is an effortless continuation, a familiar walk into unknown territories, manifesting in an imagined purpose to a life that deserved nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niks,

    Your post really had me in tears.

    Babe, you've gotten on ur knees besides me when I was down, forgot that you did so when I was up on my feet again, You've shouldered me everytime I wanted to weep and was sad, neva kept a record of what you give, said the best about me when everybody was saying the worst....

    I am gonna MISS you, TERRIBLY!

    Dn't know what I'd wo w/ you!! :-(

    -V

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has a twinkle in her eye when the sun shines on us,
    She has pain in her voice when we are in distress,
    And melody in her tone when we are happy.

    She admires us for our strong points,
    And loves us even more for our weak ones,
    She laughs at our foibles;
    And contributes to our success without claiming any share of it.

    She is my BESTEST Friend. She is YOU. WE all love YOU a Lot!

    Sheetal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. V

    Sweets, No being sentimental! :-)

    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by