Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

We human beings are always "expecting."We always have expectaions . Lots of them. Some we are consciously aware of.



Expectations are always there, however, in the background of our daily experiences. Whether we are attuned to them or whether we are oblivious to them--which too often is the case--our expectations come into play in a multitude of subtle ways.



Friendships, for example, are based upon a mutually understood set of expectations. We expect our friends to be loyal, honest, and trustworthy. We expect they will never try to hurt us or harm us intentionally, and that they will always be responsive to us when we are in need.



What happens when people who profess to be our friends let us down? Do you feel angry? betrayed? Perhaps they were never our friends at all. But our faulty expectations may have caused us to perceive them as being more committed to true friendship than they really were.



Had read this somewhere:

"Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations." So true.



I have made several friends, some of them I cannot think of living without. Here's to them:



Thanks Sheetal, Dee, M, S for always being there. I am thankful to God that He has been AWESOME when it comes to gifting me with friends. He's given me a reason to live, be better and a chance of REDEMPTION.

2 comments :

  1. D'oh another of ur melancholic moods, isn't it???

    And just now I was telling my didi that I cannot maintain a relation (with some aunt) which is all giving n keep giving more :( I cannot do away with the fact that everything is give n take in this world!

    So beautifully u have put this point :)

    So good to have expectations- they make people (say frnds) to do things (say for us) and US to strive, to fulfil our expectations from our ownselves.

    So bad they are to have- when left unfulfilled :(( :((

    They will never live up to your expectations - highly disagreed upon! I'd say have expectation BUT ALSO have the heart to live with the unfulfilled expectations.
    At least I cannot live without "wanting" stuff, mostly social acceptance and others love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very truly said...
    It hurts me when the person whom I consider as my friend doesn't act in a way desired for...but again, Im expecting something here.

    But if its a relationship (friendship, love-ship both), expectations are bound to be present and when that comes, if proper tuning is present, I dont think anyone of the entities involved are gonna get hurt, no matter what

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by