Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Saturday, August 5, 2006

To all Brothers.

According to Webster's Dictionary, the word 'sibling' means two or more people have common parents. It was sucha fateful day when this word came into existence - the day when secrets, privacy, peace and the fundamental right to the remote control vanished foreva.

Siblings hold a very strange place in our lives. They are people we declare we would be better off without and at the same time we cannot really imagine life without them. I do not have much to say about girl siblings but have a lot to say about brothers.

The term 'Brother' means a pain in the neck. I have an older brother. He's taller than me and his only mission of life was to discovery my secrets. An avid eavesdropper, he never knew the meaning of 'private', 'confidential' or 'individual'. I am sure he neva knew that these words ever existed!! My diaries, my cell-phone, my cd's and my books were always a fascination for him. I still remember the laundry list of instructions I received from him on my first day of college, "No bunking lectures", "No loitering arnd the canteen", "No going to discs", "Do not give your contact numbers to any one (he meant guys!!)", blah..blah..

But he would share his stuff with me, which is something I boast about.

There have been occassions when I did need my brother and always appreciated his company. Now when I think of it, my life wud neva have been the same if I didn't have my brother to share it.

My brother holds a special place in my heart and though I have never said this to him - I mean it. I think it's just that way with siblings.

It's Raksha Bandhan on 9th August. Happy Rakhshbandhan to all brothers.

1 comment :

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by