Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

A tribute to Fathers.

We give a lot of credit to mothers around the world for the way she brings up her child(ren), for the way she functions as the heart and soul of the family - as the hand that rocks the cradle. We forget the Leader, the man of the house, and the Ace of all cards - the FATHER.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingYup, God has made Father's too. The other side of the nuturing act for all families everywhere. Fathers are the Captain of the ship, a provider and a mentor all rolled into one. His diligence provides food for survival, shelter above our heads, books for our education, clothes for our bodies and medicines when sick. As the Head of the family, he takes us through rough waters, soothes our ruffled feathers and charters our life to a bright future with the wisdom and experience he has gained.


I have friends who hate their fathers - because their fathers were absintees for most of times while they were growing up. Their fathers never connected or related to them, and had set up a Hitler's regiment in the house, which was strictly adhered to. Such were their fathers.

But, aren't father's humans too? It doesn't mean that all fathers are that way - insensitive and unnerved. Each one of us have some or the other flaw in character. So - even parents are not perfect. But it doesn't change what I write here.Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI salute all fathers - worthy tools in the hands of God meant for our nuturing. It is due to my father's strong hands I learnt to ride my first cycle and play ball. He fixed the broken leg of my doll and was awake the entire night taking care of me while I was ill. He's so cool except when we are in trouble. He becomes a nervous wreck then.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Fathers are one side of the nurturing act, mother's holding the other end. They alleviate us from our troubles, help us make the right choice about our ambiguous future, jointly or seperately in their respective ways. While the mother is the heart and soul of the family, the father takes the role of the head. He provides us with all amenities and creates such an amiable enviorment which enables us to love, live and grow.




I thank GOD for blessing us with fathers. Tell your father you love him.


It's Father's Day on 18th June. God bless them all.

9 comments :

  1. Nice post. Never thought someone would write about figure called Dad. I certainly agree with you. Some fathers are damn too strict and some are just so jolly that they mix up with their son and daughters like thier friends.

    My dad is not that jolly, though friendly and very understanding.He has always given me what I needed. I still remember those days when my teacher use to call my parents, that your kid is going to fail badly and my Dad on spur of second use to decide on making me take tuition from class teacher so I get to the next grade and he never use to even say a word. He is awesome.

    Ofcourse how bad is situation inside or outside the home, he hasn't made me feel the necessity to take some action on my part.

    He is most understanding person in my family. I certainly Love him.
    He will not read this but I hope he is feeling it.

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about those who miss their fathers and do not have them any more ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niks,

    Another excellent post. I had liked the post you had written on "Mother's Day", and this one is the icing on the cake.

    Your father's really really lucky to have you as his daughter. You are a very nice person, Nikita.

    God bless you always.

    ~*Richa*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richa

    Nice to see you in here again.'glad that you liked the piece and are happy with it. Yes, fathers are created by God with a complete line of 'tools' to help him cope with the responsibilities of fatherhood.

    I am sure you DAD is equally proud to have such a wonderful daughter like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dedication for dads.

    Happy Fathers' Day to ur dad Niki!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niks,

    Tht's sucha sweet one! Belated wishes to your dad for Father's day!

    Amit.H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niks,

    I had tears in my eyes when I read your post. Missed Dad so much. Not that I missed only after reading your post..certain losses are just so painful and terrible.

    Btw, good post.

    Sheetal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keshi

    Thanks for appreciating the post, sweets!

    Belated Wishes to your Father too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheetal

    Hugggsss to you. The purpose of my post was to not see you cry while or after you read the post. I am sorry if my post got you upset.

    You know what, your father is never really gone from you-- i think that he is with you in spirit and feeling the love you have for him now. I'll bet he's smiling happily with that.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by