Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Paisa O' Paisa.

If you were given to choose between an extremely stingy (a person who spends tooo little) and an extremely generous person (a person who whole-heartedly spends), whom would you choose? Considering both the people involved earn equally and are well off.



I would go for the generous person over the stingy one. 'Cause I've realized that people who are stingy with their money are stingy with their emotions and feelings as well. For people like them - every little pleasure they can give to their loved ones or received from them is weighed on the money scale. I relate with people who'd blow their every penny for their loved ones..just to make them happy. For some this might not be practical, but I am sure u'd agree that a gesture like that would say something about the person and make you feel loved and special.



How would you react when you gift a dear friend, and all you get to hear, "I'd take the gift only if you were to take the money from me"!! Can there be anything more insulting?



I have only one thing to say to people like these:



No matter how hard you hug your money, it never hugs back.

~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr

3 comments :

  1. Happiness is a reflection sometimes. I think when one really loves someone, the love for money takes a backseat. I fact love for money disappears may be. That sure is one thing. The generosity in spending on someone can never compensate lack of genuinity, sometimes people are too generous only to hide their guilt that they can not give time. So probably its no criteria to decide or to be happy. Genuinity of feelings sure matters, and i think the heart knows and understands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll not say that I'm stingy kinds...but I do calculate money in my mind all the time.

    While out with ma friends, I keep calculating how much I spend, how much they shud spend an all....but as far as gifts are concerned to ma near and dear ones, I dont even consider all this.

    "I'd take the gift only if you were to take the money from me"!!
    Yes...this is sick mentality and Ive seen such characters in ma life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abhishek

    i am confused.

    Confused about what??

    just pray that "someone" is generous to me. yea,.. "someone".

    Yep, u'd have "someone" generous come your way..someday!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by

Blog Archive