Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Of Men and a "Proper" Good-Bye!

"How can you just hang up like that", I said to him.

"But you said "BYE", he said. "And a BYE means an end to a conversation, isn't it", he adds.

"Huh", I say and hang up.

I feel an "incompleteness" if I cannot end a conversation (via any medium) without a "proper good-bye". For me a "proper good-bye" means having to say some words or sentences with it and after it. Wimmen share some kinda delicateness towards a "good-bye" and more often than not, u'd notice that a conversation between two wimmen woud last much longer even after the actual good-bye has been said. They'd still have a lot to say even after that. :D

But when it's a conversation between a man and a woman (like between me and S tday), and the man who is not aware of the woman's sensitivity towards this matter, naturally bears the brunt..just like 'S' did. :D...

I said a good-bye and was wanting to say something more to him, when I am shocked to hear the line go dead. I hear the phone disconnect. He's not there at the other end. That beast..hung up after having said a good-bye and "assuming" that the conversation is over. Cudn't he wait for a minute longer?? How rich would his service provider get if he were to wait for a minute more? I called him up and told him that he was wrong in hanging up without a proper good-bye.

"Proper good-bye", what on earth is that, now??, he said.

"I dn't quite get it", adds further.

"Proper good-bye means NOT having to keep the phone immediately after I say "bye"", I say.

"I had something more to say but you just cudn't wait", I told him.

"If you had somethng to say, then y did u say "BYE" in the first place"??, he asks.

"God, wimmen are just so damn difficult to understand"!!, he laments

"Nopes, we are not". "You guys are just so insensitive", I blast at him.

"Ok. We'd do it this way, from next time onwards after u say "BYE", I'd ask, "May I keep the phone now", he suggests. "After you permit, I shall hang up"

"Brilliant", I say.

I can hear him smile.

"May I hang up, now"

"Yes".

"Ta-ta"

Men are from Mars, INDEED! ;-) :D

17 comments :

  1. I guess you are still in contact with that dude :p
    Or still thinking about the past... Well,, whatsoever...you should go to Fire-n-Ice ...chill out... check out some David Dhawan movies... How abt Hera Pheri ?

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ

    Nah.Nah. I ain't in touch with him at all. Prefer not to. Hurts less. 'S' here is my BESTEST friend. :-)

    Thinking of the past...ummm...yes, sometimes. It's always gng to be a part of you, ain't it?

    whatsoever...you should go to Fire-n-Ice ...

    I try and socialize as much as I can.


    How abt Hera Pheri ?

    He!He! That was a klassic watch. I still laugh my lungs out everytime I watch it.

    ~Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Nah.Nah. I ain't in touch with him at all. Prefer not to. Hurts less. 'S' here is my BESTEST friend. :-)

    Coolio..R u trying to hook up with your best friend..Never do so..Don't break the friendship :-)

    > It's always gng to be a part of you, ain't it?
    I can understand... Couple more days and you will be all back to Normality :-)

    >How abt Hera Pheri ?

    >He!He! That was a klassic watch. I still laugh my lungs out everytime I watch it.
    I know and Andaz Apna Apna toooo...

    I totally like that Amchi Mumbai style..Apun tupun...kya boli..Apun ko settle hona mangta kya...
    and finally aati kya khandala... but if I ever say it infront of a gal I will totally expect a tight slap :p

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. AJ

    R u trying to hook up with your best friend..Never do so..Don't break the friendship :-)

    Are you crazy or something? Is there only 1 kinda r'ship that can be maintained b/w a girl and a guy?? 'S' is ma dahling....and I can neva think of him that way. In a way, he is the sibling that GOD forgot to give me.

    He means a lot to me and his frndship is very very precious to me. I cannot, even in ma wildest dreams, think of jeopardising it.

    I know and Andaz Apna Apna toooo...

    That movie was completely paisa-vasool.

    finally aati kya khandala... but if I ever say it infront of a gal I will totally expect a tight slap :p

    LOL!! Dn't try these lingo in front of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you crazy or something?
    I don't thing so :-)

    Is there only 1 kinda r'ship that can be maintained b/w a girl and a guy??
    Not at all.. Ofcourse I too have gals as good frds....Do you remember the cheapest movie dialog..from Maine Pyar Kiya :p ..I totally disagree with it!!

    >LOL!! Dn't try these lingo in front of them!
    I would never do that unless I wanted someone to kick my ass ...it would be like...Aaa Bel mujhe mar.. :p

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. If he is ur best frnd and u cant ignore him then y dont u tell him whts there in ur heart,Not directly but in some indirect manner.At the max wht will happen he will say no to u.It mite happen that he also have the same feeling towards u as u have.It mite be possible that he is only attracted to othe girl which he is confusing frm love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what was so important that u wanted to tell him after that "proper" goodbye??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abhishek

    Had nuthing such as important to tell him. But was shocked when he just hung up abruptly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jus a question...Why ppl say GoodBye ? You only say GoodBye if you are never ever going to meet the same person again...
    How abt see ya later? or ttyl or something on similar lines...GoodBye just means Bye for Good :-( ..hope my gf or wifey never use it ..hehehe (though I don't have one )

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arz000n

    I didnt knew about this....
    about there being a "proper-good-bye" even after saying BYE from a wimmen.


    We wimmen are a surprised lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AJ

    You only say GoodBye if you are never ever going to meet the same person again...

    It's not always true! We also say "BYE" temporarily..only to meet again the next day.

    <:-( ..hope my gf or wifey never use it ..hehehe (though I don't have one )

    I wish ur lady love crosses ur path..soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nik,
    You don't agree with my comment :-( poor me..awww....
    About not saying goodbye. I found one more phrase...how abt "asta lavista ...." last few dots can be imaginary...or extrapolated...

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arz000n

    True. However said we wimmen are easy to please ;-)?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Nik,

    >You don't agree with my comment :-( poor me..awww....

    I was just kidding about the above comment of using Bye ...but I wouldn't use Goodbye.. I do use Bye in regular daily lifey too :-p...

    I never take punga with a wyfman.:p

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Nik,
    >It's not necessary that we need to agree to each other at ALL times. :-)

    Yeah thats so true..otherwise it would be boring :-)

    CIAO,
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. >If two people have the same opinions and agree with each other at all times, then arguments and conflicts wud neva arise?
    Then it would be like Master and Slave relationship :-p
    I hope you don't want that one ..hmmm

    :-):-):-)
    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. >I've always believed "Opposites attract".
    Ofcourse, I too believe the "same".


    It's just abt respecting individual opinion, no matter if it differs from your's. It's more abt understanding and respect.
    I totally agree. Understanding and respecting others view is more important to develop a relationship ..Could be any kinda r'ship...

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by

Blog Archive