Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

“The cultured give happiness wherever they go. The uncultured whenever they go!”- Swami Chinmayananda

As much as I would want people to like me, appreciate me and say nice things about me, I kind of envy people who are so casual about things and hardly care about what people think or say about them.

Often we do things to impress others or because we feel that we deserve credit or recognition. And there are times we worry that our actions might invite disappointment(s) or wud be disapproved and which might create a bad name or opinion(s) about us. I mebbe generalizing here, but I am sure there may have been numerous occassions in each one's life when we thought (subconsciously!) that we are the centre of the universe and behaved as if the entire world depends on us, and what we are doing at that moment, and everyone is interested and keen in how we fare.

But I have come to realize that this world is too huge and complex and everyone is so engrossed in his/her life that whatever we do is of hardly any importance to the next being. Whatever we do at any time does not affect anyone but us. It's made me believe that we are a tiny dot in this huge cosmos. Life is an eternal battle; each one of us fighting and wanting to triumph. No one has the time and patience to look into another. I feel being aware of this truth is important in leading a meaningful life.

Each one requires recognition and success. But most of us live in anonymity and there are more failuers than success. Where does that leave me? Should I just care abt my own life and make it a success? But that's when I get casual and not care about others? Is this the meaning of our existence?

3 comments :

  1. "But I have come to realize that this world is too huge and complex and everyone is so engrossed in his/her life that whatever we do is of hardly any importance to the next being. Whatever we do at any time does not affect anyone but us. It's made me believe that we are a tiny dot in this huge cosmos."



    hmmmmm .... yeah that's true may be ..... but if we do something that affects us... doesn't it affect the whole cosmos..... if a tiny dot in the cosmos is affected .... isn't the cosmos as a whole affected too? so yes selfish... yes but then the way we are affected .... cosmos is affected in the same way... to some extent.... so if I am selfish enough to change for good, to grow, to proper not at the cost of others ... the cos mos changes... being selfish here means not trying to change anyone else.... the cosmos changes by itself...

    Amit Arora

    ReplyDelete
  2. vague am I not niki?

    Amit Arora

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by