Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Are you starting afresh?

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingIt's not so easy to start afresh. It's better to finish than start anew. The time machine ticks by inevitably and offers no pause. We can ignore time, but what about the changes that comes along with it? That's impossible to avoid. There's something ferocious about the way each second ticks, for the optimist and the pessimist. It never goes at the pace you want it to - the times we want it to run faster, it crawls and vice-versa. But even then, time is what one would trust above all things in the universe.


I am one who is always conscious of time. Each time I look forward to the future, there is a nagging pain when I let the time pass by me. It has the catch-me-if-you-can attitude and time has been the biggest villain in ma life. I have very little option than not trusting, this trust causes nothing but procrastination.But as I keep listing the things I would want to do in the future, I feel contended with the time that life offers me.

Several occassions like Buddays and New Year's come as a breather in this rat race. These are times to bring in the new. It's difficult sometimes to convince ourselves that a new horizion is just around the bend, especially when things are going wrong. Each occassion is made up of erasing the old mistakes and starting with a new slate of hopes and renewed dreams. We divide our time into days, weeks, months, years etc. so that we get something fresh once in a while. I would love to live a life with nothing to look forward to. Is there anything more welcoming than hope?

With July, we've entered the second half of 2006. So many people would take this as an oppourtinity to start afresh. Not because the first half has been bad but just hoping that their second half is better. I, too hope that I work harder, my marriage goes off well, my visa is approved without any hassels, and so on and so forth.

The second half of this year has started on a good note for me. To everyone, who has forgotten to start again or is just kicking off, I sincerely hope that the next six months see all your hopes and dreams come true. May each one of you be blessed with success and all the happiness that comes along with it. Let peace and happiness take over......

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful fresh post Niki! So much of enocuragement written all over it, thanks for that - cos I needed that too.

    ** It's difficult sometimes to convince ourselves that a new horizion is just around the bend, especially when things are going wrong.

    true...cos we tend to focus on the negatives alot. As humans we r bound to do that. But the bigger picture of each event is yet to be seen...we need to keep that in mind and start afresh...everyday is a new day so I march forward.

    Have a beautiful fresh weekend Niki!
    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keshi

    cos I needed that too.

    I dnt believe tht u needed encouragement. U r the one who gives away so much warmth, care and encouragement thru all ur posts.

    One can’t simply cruise down life’s avenue without learning much of life’s lessons spread out down the road.

    :-). Thanks for appreciating the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post as usual. Had completely forgotten we are through with half of 2006. Maybe because I've taken a sabbatical from my daily routine, it's relatively slowed down the speed of my existance. I'm sailing towards September which is glowing far like a beacon in the stormy sea, where hopefully succor awaits !

    I remember a drive from office when my car developed a problem one night. I drove at a snail's pace on the extreme left of the road to avoid any inconvenience to the peak hour traffic. It was then that I realised how much of a pleasure it is when you notice the intricate details along the path you follow blindly every day. And I reached home barely 5 mins off schedule. Similarly as we just speed up our lives, we miss out on its beautiful nuances which enhance it. Everyone's destiny may differ on the way, but the final destination is always His Holy Abode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaitanya

    Time is its own master, but you master time when you break free from it by conceding all to it.

    Time.. life passes in a flash, and in no time, we will find ourselves in the twilight of existence.. all that remains with us at that time are the memories to hold, cherish and share.. even a tiny bit of time we share with our loved ones will return back multifold, whether we wish it or not.. good or bad, both come back to balance the law of average in our life..

    I agree with you...in the rush of things, we lose those priceless treasures and moments. If we only learn to pause awhile and enjoy those, it could enrich our lives in a wonderful precious way.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by