Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Was travelling by bus tday, and as usual there was hardly any space to stand. I was standing near those front seats that are meant for ladies, seats that have the word "Ladies" indicated in English and Marathi. Surprisingly there are so few seats that are reserved for the handicapped.



The lady standing behind me asked one of the men to vacate the seat reserved for women. The man objected a little, but eventually gave up the seat. Another gentleman facing me suggested that i do the same. I told him, very politely that I don't mind standing.



The entire incident was so amusing. I wonder at such women, who on one hand demand equality with men and on the other hand expect treatment deserved by the "weaker".

2 comments :

  1. yeah good point nikota... here in cal too v have seats reserved for women... I wonder y they do it... but then when I see some of the ladies struggling to maintain their existence in the buses.. I just can't help n smile n say.. "they deserve the seats to be reserved!"

    actually men n women can never be deemed equal.. the whole point of comparison is baseless.. no one is better than d other.. God meant them to be different so v (including the women who seem hell-bent on proving they r "EQUAL") should accept this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that people who have a problem with the word 'different' somehow equate it with being 'lesser', as if not being exactly the same as everyone else makes you inferior, which is utter and complete nonsense. It's a highschool clique mentallity, and shows a great deal of immaturity, in my opinion.

    -Vijay.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by