Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Friends like these keep the doctor away (Almost!)

"Did you know that people who don't have atleast one best friend are likely to die an early death?", said the friend.

"Really", I ask.

"Yes, sacchi. It's science". But don't you worry. You have already upped your chances of living a healthy, long and a happy life.

"How?", I asked.

"You have me", replies the friend.

I couldn't disagree. You are the friend I bonded almost immediately because of the identical sense of humor we share. How we just see through each other's weirdness, without an unspoken connection, continues to baffle people around us. You are the friend who pushes my limits and pulls me to step outside my comfort zone. Your quest for knowledge and curiosity stir-fry's my brain, but is thrilling at the same time. Surrounding myself around you has been instrumental in my desire and appetite for life.

You are the person I turn to when I'm on the verge of a full-on meltdown. You've heard my every word, offered almost no sane solution or advice ever (doled out more wisdom when not required), but just talking to you makes me feel instantly lighter. Your mere presence calms me down when I'm having a panic attack or freaking out on something. You've been my absolute be(a)st(ie); someone I can never grow apart from. Each time we are together, we've yielded some extreme nostalgia from the past and always seem to have the bestest time.

Your presence has always helped me cover ground; although we are different individuals with different mindsets, with opposite interests (except a handful), but just having you in my life roots me to something at the fundamental core within myself. You are my homecoming (I'd feel lost without you as an anchor), and just seeing you or talking to you has always been comforting. You are someone I can let my guards down, and annoy you to the breaking point, and still nothing changes between us.

Although I'd love to check you into a rehab for not sharing my wavelength for retail therapy, and for always walking out the store in 3 minutes flat, you will always be the friend whose friendship is as important as breathing. You are someone who is priceless, even with those countless duck face selfies you click each time we hang out together.

I know you'll read this sooner than later. Kindly remember to feel guilty if I'm severely punished for lying so much. I may not really live happily and healthily ever after, after posting this!

Current mood : Feeling blessed
Current music : title song - Dil Chahta Hai

2 comments :

  1. You've changed the context of the conversation to suit your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say "You have me" anywhere in the conversation. *grins*

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by

Blog Archive