Communication - Although all of us have been communicating with others since our infancy, the process of transmitting information from an individual (or group) to another is a very complex process. So here is a blog for everyone...just ramble on!

Sunday, October 8, 2006

Men and Wimmen : that's what matters.

She : "Men just don't understand us".

He : "That's just not true".

She: "Wish I cud make all the men disappear from this planet"

We'll never get anything settled with that. Gosh! Why don't we endeavor to understand than to be understood? After all we've been taught to be a person for others and least for ourselves. I look at things this way - if men (or women) weren't the unusual characters that we think they are - how wud the fun and excitement of these "odd differences" be created in our lives? There wud never be the 'revelation', 'chase', 'discovery' or a 'surprise'.

If men and wimmen were created 'predictable and alike', then there wud be the need of only one gender. Then we wudn't have to worry abt wracking our brains trying to figure out what makes him or her behave the way they do or what makes them tick. Can you imagine a world where each one is same and alike? Where everyone is like the other? No creature called 'man' and none called 'woman'. Just beings who think alike, talk and behave the same. So boring! They wud just be clones - each mirroring the other - the good and the bad of its character.

There are certain bits of me that I'd rather live without. Now if I cud see it mirrored back into my partner, how on earth wud there be any chance of improvement or any hope to change? I wud want to meet someone who is positive to my negative traits and I xpect that to work vice-versa. I wud want to shake off things that don't contribute to my growth and be guided by his positive traits which cud help me grow to my fullest potential as a person.

Men and wimmen wud never run out of things to say to each other. And no matter how hard we try we will still find it all insufficient and end up being all puzzled as ever. Yet as life keeps playing its funny tricks on us we do get to meet the wrong ones. Well, I believe there must be a reason for that. Nuthing in our life happens by accident - there is a larger and an inexplicable 'design' why things happen the way they do. Honestly, I am still trying to figure that out myself. But the 'revelation' comes only at an auspicious time - when we are prepared or when we have learnt the lesson it wanted us to learn..that's when we understand the truth. I have learnt - Life is all about growth and we have been sent the 'tools' for growing. You never know, it may have been a good thing for us, to experience a mis-match. And this growth comes with a price. We pay the price of shattered feelings, failed dreams and broken expectations.

Please don't go wishing for anyone disappearing from this planet - it's half a planet without the other. That's what I wanted to say - Men and wimmen complete each other. One isn't whole without the other. It's really not important as to who is better or best, who is strane and crazy, a puzzle or a mystery - it’s all designed to make this fantastic package called a human being to make your life complete. A small 'thank you' to HIM up there - it sure is a nice plan.

3 comments :

  1. its men's flaws and women's cleverness that make this world one big beautiful happy family lol!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. life gives us the wisdom to see we were such fools :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keshi

    I feel its not men or women who matter it's a person as a person we should respect each others thoughts and then only we'll get the same in response,

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Time is passing you by